We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your first visit will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 60 minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. A set of digital photos and a panoramic x-ray may also be taken to assist in developing the appropriate treatment plan.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage your to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, more complete diagnostic records are the next step necessary to finalize any treatment plan. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs because in depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Our goal is for every patient to leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and approximately how long it will take.
Please assist us by providing the following information prior to your first visit:
- Any panoramic x-ray taken within the past 12 months
- The details regarding any dental insurance that may cover orthodontic treatment. By providing this information prior to the first visit, we should be able to give you an estimate of your costs as well as insurance benefit estimates.